"Curtis Olson" wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> > Martin Spott wrote:

> > > for a rather long time now I have always been applying this patch to my
> > > SimGear builds:
> > >
> > >   http://blaniel.free.fr/pub/flightgear/patches/ot_simgear.patch

> My opinion which I've stated before is that I'm extremely nervous about
> anyone messing with the thread structure of FlightGear because this can lead
> to bugs that are extremely subtle and extremely hard to find and reproduce.

Well, this patch to SimGear is one piece of a set of two, of which the
FlightGear-related part had been applied long ago - and which,
apparently, lead to no implications at all:

http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/gitweb.pl?p=flightgear;a=commitdiff;h=baa5a4adc495a6343bd6a909128cfccbebbc2546

Furthermore, I've been applying the above SimGear-patch to my working
copy for the time being and it has shown to be pretty robust during use
- including running the three-monitor-setup at the FGseekend show last
weekend. Therefore, from a users point of view, I see no reason why it
should not get applied.

There may be other reasons hiding, therefore I'm asking.

Cheers,
        Martin.