Fred wrote

> An early 1.9.1 ?
>
> -
>
> -- message original --
> Sujet:        Re: [Flightgear-devel] Big black box
> De:   Stuart Buchanan <stuart_d_bucha...@yahoo.co.uk>
> Date:         31.12.2008 09:51
>
> Tim Moore wrote:
>
> > Yeah, the lack of frame buffer object support turned out to be the
> common
> > denominator for users seeing the problem. I checked in code tonight that
> should
> > resolve the issue when frame buffer objects aren't available.
>
> Great stuff - thanks Tim.
>
> I wonder whether it would be worthwhile merging these bug fixes into a 1.9
> patch
> release.
>
> -Stuart

Whoa - not too fast - yesterdays update has regressed the z-buffer ordering.
Prop disks, gun-sights, and precipitation render 3d clouds transparent here.

On the other hand, there has been a recent and significant improvement in
frame rate. I'm not sure if it's Yon's, Tim's or James' stuff, but well done
all.

I'm using Yon's 3d tree patch. That seems to be worthwhile here, but only up
to 2-3 times the standard tree density

Vivian