On lundi 16 mars 2009, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> While we are at it, here some comments on tanker.nas:
>
> There's a menu entry AI/MP->Tanker, which opens a small dialog where
> you can request a tanker. It'll contact you and tell you something
> like this:
>
>   "MOBIL3 at 15000, heading 130 with 250 knots, TACAN 062X"
>
> At the moment TACAN is always 062X, but that will vary in the future.
> The tanker will appear somewhere (not necessarily straight) ahead of
> you at an altitude of its choice. It will remove itself if it was out
> of range for a while. You can then ask for a new one.
>
> A similar script was presented a few months ago, but it had some
> issues that the authors never bothered to address ("take it or leave
> it"? :-), so I re-implemented it. This isn't finished either. There
> are some TODOs:
>
> - vary callsign & TACAN id
> - support more than just KC135 and KA6 tanker
> - support helicopter refueling (i.e. configurable airspeed)
> - fly refueling pattern(?)
> - avoid collisions with mountains
>
> m.

Again about that topic.

With the usual AI tankers we have a lot of data regarding the Radar , x-shift
y-shift  in-range , rotation,  v-offset, .. and so on........

That tanker feature don't gives such information  , it is missing , is it any
valuable reason ?

Thanks

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire