On lundi 23 mars 2009, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:14:49 +0100, Gerard wrote in message
>
> <200903231314.49784.ghma...@gmail.com>:
> > My purpose was to point that error:
> >
> > When we start FG with a JSBSim aircraft on a moving carrier the
> > groundcache is right, the Aircraft behaviour is right as long as we
> > don't leave the deck.
> >
> > That nice groundcache feature definitively vanish  when we leave the
> > Carrier, even if we come back on it.
>
> ..a question:  Should the "runway carriers" even use the groundcache,
> "to place the runway correctly"?  And not e.g. a "runway cache" that
> can move and even bend with its carrier?
>
> ..my understanding of the groundcache is, it is meant to tell when and
> which part of aircraft touches the ground how, where, during flights.
>
> ..over water, there's also tides and waves that should help make
> FG rule on my 405kt prop strikes, with shake or die verdicts.
> And, sea planes land too.
>
> > We get the same error when taking off from an Airport , we get to
> > land on Carrier, the groundcache on Carrier is not right.
> >
> > To conclude ONLY the first FG  init of the groundcache ( on Carrier )
> > is right.
> >
> > It was not to oblige you to land on Carrier with a JSBSim Aircraft  :)
> > Mainly because there not any within CVS ( was the F8 which is now
> > broken)
> >
> > Cheers

I am not certain that i do understand the question.
Mathias has introduce a feature which makes that any solid object , house on
water, ship, carrier, floating bridge  etc.. is now solid for any  Aircraft,
for instance that Snapshot which shows that  i could land  on a ship which
was NOT defined to be a carrier, the ship was cruising at 25 knots
 http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/Ouf.jpg

However that snapshot is showing a YASim Aircraft FDM. To day,  i am not sure,
that would have been able to get the same result with a JSBsim aircraft ( for
instance my Harrier GR7 ) .
Then, now i am sure that won't be able to land, on a moving ship.
Only possible with a "static" object.

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire