On mardi 24 mars 2009, jean pellotier wrote:
> jean pellotier a écrit :
> > Vivian Meazza a écrit :
> >> I've been testing the carrier stuff with YASim. It usually works, but a
> >> occasionally the deck isn't solid, and the ac falls right through on
> >> landing. This bug is intermittent: I have been unable to reproduce it
> >> reliably, or identify the conditions under which it occurs. Only twice
> >> in 20 or so landings.
> >
> > The same for me, a day i was using mp_carrier, i started FG in KLSV and
> > used position menu to teleport to KSAN, and the two times i did this
> > carrier was not solid, I didn't check if it was true one more time, but
> > with starting FG directly in KSAN  the carrier was solid.
> >
> > jano
>
> I tested this few more times, in a place with severals carriers
> (eisenhower, foch, clemenceau...)

> and if i start FG far from this place,
> then move with the location menu to the closest airport, carriers are
> not solid (all the carriers).
> If i start near the carriers, then move far away, and then come back,
> carriers are solid.
> I remember a long flight from KLSV to the carrier near KHAF, and the
> carrier was not solid .
>
> To me it depend if the 3D model is loaded in startup.
>
> my two cents
>
> jano

Hello Jano

foch/clemenceau (the same carrier, old version from cvs ) was built for JSBsim
aircrafts ( the Crusader and others from my hangar)  , it was (is)  probably
not YASim compatible ( not consistent, not solid ).
I have recently rebuilt a new version which is compatible JSBsim aircrafts,
Yasim aircraft (tested with seahawk) with FG 1.9.1
If you want it it is here
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/Clemenceau.tar.bz2

BTW: the MP-Carrier is only virtual, when we use it, we are using our local
version with our local parameters/file.
Only the position is specific to MP.

If it is not consistent with MP , it is not consistent with the usual AI /
scenario. which the case with the Foch/clemenceau CVS

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire