Hi Gene,

Gene Buckle wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Martin Spott wrote:

>> The file FlightGear/docs-mini/README.multiscreen explains how to add
>> additional cameras,
>>
> Martin, I don't think that can be used for the kind of "camera" I'm
> thinking of.  The easiest way to visualize the idea I have is to think
> about the view you'd see in one of the rear-view mirrors [...]

I pretty much understand what you mean (we do have two external rear
mirrors mounted onto the glider towing aircraft). I have to admit that
I've never configured multiple camera views to display in different
windows on the same screen. Yet I've already had different cameras
pointing into totally distinct headings, even at different viewing
angles - each of them displaying on a distinct X11 screen on the same
X11 display (:0.0, :0.1, :0.2).

And, _if_ the (already cited) parameter to define the coordinates of
the view origin works as expected, then you're almost there ....  you
just have to get rid of the window border - for example by retiring the
window manager. This alltogether would be an interesting excercise -
I'll try that tonight, if nobody is quicker at it.

Cheers,
        Martin.