On 9 Sep 2009, at 14:16, Tim Moore wrote:

>> Yes, the 2009 code is different from the 2007 code.
>> The 2009 features and bugfixes are a superset of the
>> 2007 features and bugfixes.  Also the 2009 commits
>> were rebased so that they applied cleanly to the FGFS
>> release that was current at the time.
>>
> That's great! What's the url for the repository that has these
> changes?
> Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems like
> http://www.av8n.com/repo/fgs/.git
> and http://www.av8n.com/repo/sg/.git haven't been updated in some
> time.

With apologies, I should note that my recent re-factoring work in
navradio will likely mean these patches do not apply cleanly to
current trunk.

My issue back in January was, and remains, that I don't feel qualified
to commit major functional changes to the radio code, since radio
modelling is far from my areas of expertise. That's not meant as an
obstacle to incorporating any particular change or bug-fix - simply
that either I need to be able to convince myself that a specific
change is correct (which generally means it needs to be pretty small,
targeting a single bug or feature). Otherwise, I'll leave any
functional changes to to others.

In general I'd be much more comfortable with a series (even if it's
20) of smaller changes to the code, with some time for testing and
settling of the code between each batch.

That said, I would also love to see an improved LOC/GS reception model
(false lobes, back courses, etc).

Hopefully, with the fixes to the aircraft I'm currently making, one
area of confusion will disappear from the equation, and the focus can
be on generating 'good' values for the sim properties.

Regards,
James