Mathias wrote

> On Wednesday 16 September 2009 15:45:47 Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > During some testing last night I noticed AIAircraft on the ground rising
> > straight up and going out of sight. I assume that this is the same bug I
> > had to deal with in AIGroundVehicles - the ground detection method is
> > finding the AIAircraft and not the ground.
> >
> > The solution is simple - disable HOT for all AIAircraft. But that
> defeats
> > the desire to have them solid AND a lot of work is required to add that
> > all the .xml files.
> >
> > I'm sure Mathias can come up with a more elegant solution
> I hoped that this already works.
> The generic osg based scenery lookup functions gained an argument to skip
> hits
> where the own AIModel's scenery root node appears in the path.
> If this does not yet work, pleas help me to find a testcase to make that
> finally
> work.

Doesn't seem to work. I have updated osg to head. If you set this:

<traffic-manager>
     <enabled type="bool">true</enabled>
     <instantaneous-action type="bool">false</instantaneous-action>
     <use-custom-scenery-data type="bool">false</use-custom-scenery-data>
     <proportion>0.2</proportion>
  </traffic-manager>

in your preferences.xml file

--airport=EGNM, then you will see an AIAircraft (B737 in Easyjet livery)
rise vertically off the ground and eventually disappear.

The relevant code seems (Durk's) seems to be:

AIAircraft line # 416

        if (getGroundElevationM(SGGeod::fromGeodM(pos, 20000), alt, 0))
            tgt_altitude_ft = alt * SG_METER_TO_FEET;

HTH

Vivian