Martin,
no sure if this license will be an issue but this is the free 250K
topo's from ga.gov.au

OSDM Single Deed of Licence for Australian Government Spatial Data
provided over the Internet
IMPORTANT NOTICE

THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA,
REPRESENTED BY THE OFFICE OF SPATIAL DATA MANAGEMENT ('OSDM') AND YOU OR
THE ORGANISATION ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE AUTHORISED TO ENTER THE LICENCE

Terms and Conditions
     1. Definitions:

        In this Licence, unless the contrary intention appears:
             a. "Licence" means this deed constituted by the Licensee
                Details and these Terms and Conditions;
             b. "Data" means any spatial dataset produced by the
                Commonwealth and listed in the Schedule to this deed;
             c. "Derivative Product" means a distinct product in which
                the Data is altered, abridged or supplemented, and/or
                which incorporates additional functionality;
             d. "End-user" means a third party to whom the Licensee (or
                any sublicensee) supplies the Data or a Derivative
                Product;
             e. "Intellectual Property" includes all copyright, and all
                rights in relation to registered and unregistered
                trademarks (including service marks), registered designs
                and confidential information (including trade secrets
                and know-how), and all other rights resulting from
                intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific,
                literary or artistic fields; and
             f. "Licensee" means you or the organisation named in the
                Licensee Details.
             g. "Custodian Agency" the agency responsible for the
                production of the dataset as specified in Schedule 1.
             h. "OSDM" means the Commonwealth of Australia, represented
                by the Office of Spatial Data Management.

     2. Parties: This Licence constitutes a legal deed between OSDM and
        the Licensee.

     3. Licensee Details: The Licensee warrants that the Licensee
        Details provided are correct and complete. The Licensee must
        promptly notify OSDM of any changes to the Licensee Details,
        including changes to the contact email address provided.

     4. Grant of licence: OSDM grants the Licensee a royalty-free,
        non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to:
             a. use, reproduce, adapt, modify, commercially exploit and
                communicate the Data (including by development and
                distribution of a Derivative Product); and
             b. sublicense the Licensee's right to use, reproduce,
                adapt, modify, commercially exploit and communicate the
                Data, subject to the terms of this Licence.

     5. Access to Data: The Licensee must access the Data, including any
        current updates to the Data, using a validated email address, or
        any other authentication procedure as notified by OSDM from time
        to time.

     6. End-user notices: The Licensee must include a notice in the
        metadata supplied to End-users with the Data or Derivative
        Product, to make End-users aware that the Data was sourced from
        the Commonwealth and is used under licence and to disclose the
        nature of any modification the Licensee has made to the Data.
        The following copyright statement must be displayed with,
        attached to or embodied in (in a reasonably prominent manner)
        any Data or Derivative Product provided to an End-user:

             a. where the Data is provided in unaltered form:

                © Commonwealth of Australia [insert year in which the
                Data was published].

                The Commonwealth gives no warranty regarding the Data's
                accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability for any
                particular purpose.

                Visit the OSDM website (http://www.osdm.gov.au/) to
                access the most current version of the Data.

             b. where a Derivative Product is provided, including any
                digital publication:

                This product (insert Derivative Product name)
                incorporates Data which is

                © Commonwealth of Australia [insert the year in which
                the Data was published].

                The Data has been used in (insert Derivative Product
                name) with the permission of the Commonwealth. The
                Commonwealth has not evaluated the Data as altered and
                incorporated within (insert Derivative Product name),
                and therefore gives no warranty regarding its accuracy,
                completeness, currency or suitability for any particular
                purpose.

             c. where a Derivative Product is provided and is a simple
                publication (that is, one page or less, such as a map or
                a web page), but not including digital products, the
                Licensee may elect to use the following short form
                notice:

                This product (insert Derivative Product name)
                incorporates data which is:

                © Commonwealth of Australia [insert the year in which
                the Data was published].

     7. Retention of notices: Except as permitted by clause 6 the
        Licensee must not remove, obscure or interfere with any
        copyright statement, acknowledgment, attribution, trade mark,
        warning or disclaimer statement affixed to, incorporated in or
        otherwise applied in connection with the Data.

     8. Records of distribution: The Licensee must maintain accurate
        records of:
             a. any sublicence granted under this deed;
             b. any Derivative Product produced from the Data; and
             c. the distribution of the Data or any Derivative Product
                to End-users

        and provide such information to OSDM, or its nominee, upon its
        reasonable request.

     9. Intellectual Property rights: The Licensee acknowledges that all
        Intellectual Property rights in the Data vest in the
        Commonwealth. All rights not expressly granted to the Licensee
        under the Licence are reserved.

    10. Intellectual Property warranty: The Commonwealth will use its
        reasonable endeavours to ensure that the rights granted under
        this Licence do not infringe the Intellectual Property rights of
        any person. If the Intellectual Property rights of a person are
        so infringed the Commonwealth may amend the Data so that the
        infringement ends. If the Licensee becomes aware of any
        potential or actual infringement of third party Intellectual
        Property rights they must immediately notify OSDM.

    11. Personal Information: The Licensee agrees that OSDM may collect,
        retain and use personal information about the Licensee and you
        for all purposes related to this deed including, without
        limitation, providing such personal information to other
        Australian Government agencies.

        The Data is not intended to include any personal information.
        However, if the Data does contain any personal information:
             a. the Licensee must advise OSDM as soon as the Licensee
                becomes aware of that fact; and
             b. the Licensee must not use or disclose that personal
                information in any way.

    12. Responsibility for employees and agents: The Licensee must take
        all reasonable steps to ensure that any person given access to
        the Data on its behalf is aware of these Terms and Conditions
        and uses the Data only in accordance with the Licence.

    13. Precautions: OSDM does not warrant the accuracy, completeness,
        currency or suitability of the Data for any purpose. The
        Licensee assumes responsibility for selection of the Data to
        achieve any intended results, and for its installation and use.
        The Licensee also assumes responsibility for the interpretation
        of any results obtained from use of the Data, and must exercise
        all appropriate precautions before placing reliance on those
        results. Specifically, any Data, or Derivative Product produced
        using Data, which is listed in the Schedule as being provided
        by:
             a. the Australian Hydrographic Service, including
                hydrographic Data, is not to be used for navigation
                purposes;
             b. Geoscience Australia, including elevation Data, is not
                guaranteed fit to be used for aviation purposes.

    14. Product Warranty: No warranties, express or implied, are given
        or offered for the Data except as provided in this clause 14.
        Where any statute implies into the Licence any condition or
        warranty, and that statute prohibits provisions excluding or
        modifying the application or exercise of, or liability under,
        such condition or warranty, such condition or warranty will be
        deemed to be included in the Licence. However, the
        Commonwealth's liability for any breach of such statutory
        condition or warranty will be limited, at its option, to
        replacement of the Data, or payment of the cost of replacing the
        Data.

    15. Release and Indemnity: The Licensee releases and indemnifies
        OSDM, the Commonwealth and its employees and agents and third
        party data suppliers in respect of all claims, expenses, losses,
        damages and costs arising, directly or indirectly from:
             a. the Licensee's or any other person's (including, without
                limitation, any sublicensee's) use of the Data supplied
                to the Licensee;
             b. any breach of this deed by the Licensee;
             c. any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct of
                the Licensee in connection with this Licence.

        This clause 15 survives the expiration or termination of this
        Licence.

    16. Term: The Licence is granted for a period of 10 years from the
        date of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.

    17. Termination:
             a. OSDM may, at any time, terminate the Licence, with
                immediate effect by giving notice to the Licensee if:
                     i. the Licensee breaches these Terms and
                        Conditions;
                    ii. the Licensee fails to provide written notice to
                        OSDM within 60 days of any material change in
                        the Licensee Details (including the contact
                        email address provided);
                   iii. OSDM is unable to provide the Data, for whatever
                        reason;
                    iv. the Licensee acts in a misleading or deceptive
                        way in relation to the Data or OSDM;
                     v. the Licensee undergoes a change of ownership or
                        control.

             b. OSDM may, at any time, terminate the Licence, with
                immediate effect by giving 90 days notice to the other
                party.
             c. The Licensee may, at any time, terminate the Licence,
                with immediate effect by giving notice to OSDM.
             d. The Licence will automatically terminate if the Licensee
                ceases to carry on business or is dissolved.

    18. Effect of Termination: Termination will not affect any rights
        accrued by either Party under the Licence prior to termination.
        Upon termination the Licensee must immediately cease using the
        Data for any purpose whatsoever, and must erase all copies under
        its control, unless otherwise directed by OSDM.

    19. Variation: OSDM may, at its discretion, vary the terms of this
        Licence by giving the Licensee 90 days written notice of the
        variation. Otherwise, no variation of the Licence will have any
        effect unless it is in writing and signed by both parties.

    20. Notices: Any notice given under this Licence must be in writing
        and hand delivered, sent by prepaid post, facsimile or email to
        the recipients address specified in this Licence, (or as varied
        by notice in accordance with the terms of this Licence).

        A notice given in accordance with this clause is taken to be
        received:
             a. If hand delivered, on delivery;
             b. if sent by post, 7 days after the date of posting;
             c. if sent by facsimile, when the sender's facsimile system
                generates a message confirming successful transmission;
                or
             d. if sent by email, 7 days after the date of sending.

    21. Whole agreement: This Licence constitutes the whole agreement
        between the Parties with respect to the Data, and supersedes any
        prior negotiations, agreement or understanding.

    22. Severance: Any reading down or severance of a particular
        provision of the Licence does not affect the remaining
        provisions.

    23. Waiver: No forbearance, delay or indulgence by a Party in
        enforcing the provisions of the Licence will prejudice or
        restrict the rights of that Party, nor will waiver of those
        rights operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach.

    24. Applicable Law: The Licence is governed by the law of the
        Australian Capital Territory and the Parties submit to the
        jurisdiction of courts of that Territory.

    25. Application within the Commonwealth: Where the Licensee is an
        agency of the Commonwealth that is subject to the Financial
        Management and Accountability Act 1997, such that it is not
        permitted to enter into a binding legal agreement except as the
        Commonwealth, then the Licence will be read down as a mere
        arrangement.

Licensee Details
Licensee:

Title:

First Name:

Family Name:

Address:

Suburb/Locality:

State:

Post Code:

Country:

Telephone:

Fax:

Email:

Sector:

Industry:

Licence Registration Number:
Dated:

Schedule 1
    CUSTODIAN AGENCY
    PUBLICATION YEAR
      DATASET NAME
XXXX
YYYYYYYYYY
DDDDDD
XXXX
YYYYYYYYYY
DDDDDD
XXXX
YYYYYYYYYY
DDDDDD
XXXX
YYYYYYYYYY
DDDDDD

If you have any questions about this Licence please address enquiries to
the Office of Spatial Data Management, GPO Box 378, Canberra, ACT, 2601;
or contact OSDM on Tel (02) 6249 9111, Fax (02) 6249 9926, email address
i...@osdm.gov.au

OSDM Version 1.0