Hello.

First thanks for comitting the changes to the c172p.

For all, I don't see me as main author, just as another one beside the already
known, just made a new 3d-model and 3d-panel.

So thanks for Dave Perry as another contributer for the instruments-lights!

I see still issues and this regards still to the alignement of the 3d-modell.
It looks o.k. in the air, but on the ground it is not o.k.

Martin is right, when he says that the real aircraft is tilted standing on the
ground at exactly 5 degrees to the back.

A c172N POH found on the web, say this too, as my drawings I got as well.
Manual:
http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/cessna-poh/C172N-1978-POH-S1to7-scanned.pdf
 Page 5 for the drawing.

So the prop is also tilted 5 degrees to the back.

The mistake is that I modelled the aircraft standing on the ground, instead in
cruising level.
So the maingear struts has to be compressed when the aircraft is one the
ground, which is actually not the case- the mainstruts doesn't compress yet.

Problem: just changing the pitch in Models/c172p.xml doesnt't made this right.
You can easily see that, when you compare the locations of the gears in the fdm
with the one in Blender.

The most right answer would be to change the orientation of the model in
Blender, but this means also to edit the animations and the positions of the
instruments....A lot of work, but then it would be right ( and the ambient
colors could be corrected as well)

I would begin with the work today, but may need help with the mainstruts
compression, as this means maybe a bit math...

Anything against, or maybe even someone who wants to do the whole job? ;-)

Kind Regards
Heiko

Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com