On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Rob Shearman, Jr. wrote:
> I too have a few concerns about this proposal, partially due to the inherent
> invitation to "segregate the community", but also due to the complexity of
> the various use-case scenarios, as illustrated by the example you valiantly
> attempted to explain.  Testing and troubleshooting that solution alone
> sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

Actually, the code is pretty straightforward, and I think the UI will be
pretty intuitive as well. I'll post a screenshot once I've got a dialog
set up.

> Would it not be easier to pursue the simpler solution of allowing each user
> to ignore individuals (both chat and model/submodels) on a per-user basis?
> This way, the community is still inherently unified, but troublemakers or
> unsavory "event crashers" could easily be zapped out case-by-case.  This
> would allow those participating in an event the chance to see if the
> newcomer is someone willing to play along nicely before deciding whether to
> render them invisible.

I've already added this capability to the current git codebase. :)

However, I think this is insufficient, particularly as the number of MP users
increases.

There are cases where a set of users might wish to do something
without disturbing other players. For example, there's a topic on the forums
about a group performing a practise bombing mission on KSFO (where else!).
This feature would allow such a group to be pro-active about not
disturbing others.

-Stuart