On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Chris O'Neill wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:45 +0200, Csaba Halász wrote:
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>> >
>> > I wonder if it would be worth having a "child-friendly" MP Group (I
>> > think this term
>> > is easier to understand than "usage class")?
>>
>> So it should be possible to be a member of multiple groups. I am
>> "child-friendly" (intend to be, anyway) *and* use fgcom.
>>

> That was going to be my next question...  whether (or not) I could be a
> member of more than one group?  I agree that this should be included in
> the functionality, although if forced to "pick one" I could live with
> that.

Personally I'm not very keen on the idea of selecting multiple groups:

Presumably one would display an aircraft if it was a member of any group you
were displaying?

To me that makes it likely that people will choose to be members of every group,
which largely removes the advantage of the function.

(It's also significantly harder to implement, particularly if allowing
arbitrary group names.)

So, perhaps a "child-friendly" group wouldn't quite work. Maybe we'll
just have to
filter on the clients, or on the mpserver?

-Stuart