On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Peter Morgan wrote:
> Thats cool and will work imho.
> Means my kids can select newbie, whilst more experienced users can select
> "skill levels" or "wanting" levels.

I wonder if it would be worth having a "child-friendly" MP Group (I
think this term
is easier to understand than "usage class")?

I'm often deeply unimpressed with the language on MP chat. Such an MP Group
would allow those flying with their kids to have some confidence that they
are not going to encounter bad language.

Of course, that will also reduce the number of aircraft in the
environment as well if it
was set.

(A alternative would be to include a bad word list in the Nasal code,
and auto-filter
bad language, but I'm not sure I particularly want to spend an evening
typing out
foul language into some Nasal code...)

> Also does this mean one can patch the mpmap to "hide" users aswell ?
> pete

Yes, that would be possible. However, I'm not familiar with the mpmap code to
make that code change myself.

BTW - I've now got all of this working quite happily on my machine.
However, I'm moving
house next week, so this may not get committed for a little while.

-Stuart