Am 10.10.10 12:06, schrieb Gijs de Rooy:
Hi,

last week, James dropped the idea of moving our website <http://www.flightgear.org/> (partly) over to the wiki <http://wiki.flightgear.org/>. So far I have "discussed" this with a couple of people, all of which have different opinions. Therefore, I would like to ask anyone that
cares about our website to reply.
This get's my vote! Just make sure, the underlying infrastructure (php, database etc.) is able to handle the load. Take good care of separating static and dynamic content.

From time to time, I notices some abuse by inserted spam into our wiki pages. Great care must be taken, our home page is locked for the "everybody" group.

Some thoughts about your mentioned cons:
- The layout/design is editable and with some knowledge, the skin may be replaced (you did this before, did you?)
- I can't see any system that is more open than a wiki
- Example: http://www.opensuse.org/ looks very much like a wiki based homepage!

Go for it!

Torsten