As a guy who gets insulted about every second day while trying to
enforce proper ATC onto everybody approaching EDDF I surely would
support a system which could solve that problem - if I just had the
slightest idea how to overcome the following questions:

# How can we avoid that somebody (who believes he is the good guy)
reacts in a manner, that just escalates the problem - maybe he even
tries to shoot the opponent down? What is worse: The first "words of
kids stuff" or an escalating response?

# I am no lawyer, so: Could you really win in court if somebody insults
you - and you responded or even escalated -- although you could stop
that whole attack just by a little mouse-click into the PilotList?

# I hope we agree at least, that MP should always act worldwide - and
nobody is forbidden to type or talk in any language - what dictionary or
so could you use to define how big the problem is we all have?

# How do you handle spoken attacks via FGCOM? Translate via Festival and
then make a literal compare?

# If you implement a grading system: How can you avoid that "some bad
guys" group together and downgrade "good guys" - maybe just for fun? I
am pretty sure ATCs could be a good target for such combined minus
ratings. What happens if somebody gets downgraded and finally be locked
out? Can he go to court and say "I did not!"?

# To my knowledge it is just about impossible today to define a person
by IP: Multi-usage by many people, DNS changing IP NR every day, WLANS,
etc. Even the police do have big problems to define a person by IP --
they need special court-orders for checking the providers-list (at least
in Europe!).

# Would you even be allowed to keep a rating system on your serves that
keeps track of "personal behavior"? If so in US - also worldwide?? And
if so: Who is allowed to look into that??

So quite frankly, i do not see any possibility to do something like this
without a very huge overload of administration (and constant costs - and
undefined legal problems - worldwide!).

So really I do only see one solution: Lets all try to be paragons -- and
reduce the problem! I do not see any solution to prevent it completely!
Not even if we had unlimited resources available!

I am really glade I do not have to decide on that.
joe