Hal V. Engel wrote

> On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 02:15:08 pm Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Gary Neely wrote
> >
> > > A few additional details can be found by reading the relevant post as
> > > jackmermod in the FG forums:
> > >
> > > "I experienced a horrible attack over mp today. I ended up flying up
> > > on the attackers 6 o'clock in my F-14 and firing upon him with over 20
> > > Aim-9's in hopes of causing him to lag. Luckily I caused him to
> > > crash.(which pissed him off enough to leave) :) the things he said
> > > accumulated to the most disgusting words I have ever seen put together
> > > in my life. While I am not affected, many others who may have to go
> > > through this would probably leave flightgear."
> > >

> http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8432&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
> > > & start=270
> > >

> > > Behavior was clearly not the best on either side. In my experience,
> > > technical solutions can't prevent this sort of thing.
> > >
> > > I work in the education field on a project involving online
> > > communities of grade school children. We employ language filters. The
> > > result has little effect on what the children can communicate. They
> > > can always find ways around the filter or re-phrase their meaning. The
> > > real behavior checks come from the community: the moderators, their
> > > peers, their teachers.
> >
> > Hmm, so far as I'm aware, we don't pass missiles or any other submodels
> > over MP, unless someone sneaked it in while I wasn't looking. Certainly,
> > it isn't done in any code that I have written: deliberately so.
> >
> > I think someone was kidding himself.
> >
> > Vivian
>
> If the models in question have the bombable stuff setup then some
> information
> about submodel hits (and near misses?) is sent over the wire.  But what
> specific information is is sent I don't know.

"Bombable" is not part of Flightgear. If MP Players choose to have that
added into their system, that's up to them. However, so far as I'm aware it
only transmits info about hits, and not submodel data, and it will not
affect any player who hasn't added it to their system. If it does, I will
take steps to stop it, as it represents a potential source of abuse. AFAIKS
it's not part of the standard F14 available for download from FG.

That said, I'm sure that "bombable" adds enjoyment of Flightgear for those
that use it.

Vivian