Hi all,

L> Francesco wrote:
>
> why can't we use the flightgear phpbb forum accounts ?
> we already have a table containing users/emails/md5 passwords. the server
> could check for an user/password against this
> table (ok, not with a direct connection to the mysql db, but calling an
> ad-hoc php page that verifies username/password for
> us using a simple http request.).

That would certianly be possible, atleast on the forum side (I don't know about
the MP system). The good thing about this idea
would be IMO that we can "talk" to people who bully/abuse/shout. Most people at
the forum feel bad when they are contacted by
a mod after misbehaving. If they don't (and continue misbehaving), a ban is
easily set up. Connecting multiplayer accounts to
forum accounts would make people "more visible" and thus (atleast I hope and
think) make them think twice before doing
something.

We would need one or two extra mods for this though.

Cheers,
Gijs