On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Scott Hamilton wrote:
>   Actually this might not be so bad, as I think your grep may have returned
> some false positives.
>   The A380, 747-400 and 737NG800 only add an aircraft specific menu and add
> "Pushback" to the Equipment menu, they don't disable any existing menu
> items.
>
>    However giving menu items an alias name or unique id is still worth
> doing, and a way to check if an alias is present before adding new items
> would be nice as well.

Please wait before committing any related changes! There is also a bug
report to track this problem:
http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=231

I still vote for keeping the original menu ordering in the "Equipment"
menu for the upcomming release, otherwise we have another
incompatibility - and a very unnecessary one. It's very simple to
avoid this issue for this release (keep fuel&payload/radio/autopilot
menu items in original position).
And it may still affect more planes (those not in GIT). Also,
currently we have no clean solution for this issue. So any change now
would require adapting the aircraft now, and then again for the next
release.

I think it's better to keep the original ordering for now, then
provide a proper solution (i.e. option to override/disable menu items
via symbolic names) for the next release. Aircraft then only need to
be changed once.

cheers,
Thorsten