On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM, James Turner wrote:
> On 2 Jan 2011, at 14:56, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>
>> gui.menuEnable("fuel-and-payload", false);
>>
>> We can add new names for any other menus that we might want to disable
>> on a per-aircraft basis, but from a quick skim through the menus I
>> couldn't see any other candidates.
>
> Proving one again that FlightGear already supports everything, if only it
> were documented ;)
>
> WHich aircraft need to be updated to use this feature, prior to the release?
> As always, once
> we have a decent corpus of aircraft following the 'correct' style, it's
> easier to tell aircraft
> developers to 'do what the f14 already does' when updating aircraft.

I've done a grep of the Aircraft tree and eyeballed the results.

Fortunately, the location of many of the menus haven't changed, so
aircraft that disable or replace (say) the 4th menu (Autopilot) still
work.

So, most aircraft are OK for the moment, but should be changed in the
future (though see below). Specifically the following aircraft should
still work:
717
737-300
737NG600
737NG700
737NG800
737NG900
747-400
757-200
777-200
A320-family
A380
Aerostar-700
b1900d
Citation-Bravo
CitationX
CRJ-200
CRJ-900
f16
fokker100
VMX22-Osprey

That just leaves the f14b and the MiG-15, both which modify menu
items. The f14b just needs to disable the fuel and payload menu, so is
an easy fix for the maintainer.

For some reason the MiG-15 disables Instant Replay after a crash. I
don't think that is a bug - it appears intentional - and I think it
will still work, though I haven't tested it.

Going through the aircraft highlighted a number of functions that
aren't covered by the existing enable/disable function in gui.nas
1) Replacing the autopilot dialog with another.
2) Adding pushback. Most aircraft add this to the Equipment menu

I'll need to think about how to handle these cases.

-Stuart