Le 13/02/2011 23:32, henri orange a écrit :
> Hi, Peter
>
> I have done from an old code by Gérard a process which answer to the
> request.
> It adjust the altitude of the Carrier, when cruising, according to the
> visual surface of the water.
> But mistake, it does answer to any condition, including the Tsumani
> effect when two tiles are not the same hight.
> The presentation of the project is there:
> http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11043
> <http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11043>
> It should, could, must, be improved.
>
> Hi, Jean
>
> I have tried to use your patch, i could not get it to work.
> Seems to get the same issue than with an old version by Gérard.
> geodinfo  is giving the terrain_hight, which is the carrier Deck
> surface not the water surface.

hi henri,

my patch is only for the mp carriers when you command it, not for the ai
carriers, and the position of the point from wich geodinfo is used works
fine (here) with the Nimitz, Vinson, Eisenhower and clemenceau.
but you need to have a non solid wake, and no deck below the reference
point you consider to use geodinfo.

jano