Hi Geoff

> I then read and tried the windows TerraGUI.exe
> (Gijs and others?), but it seems at the moment
> this ONLY deals with .dat files from TaxiDraw,
> and uses fgfs.exe to view a .btg file, or did I
> get this wrong?
>
> Are there any plans in extending this to a
> more general TG GUI? And where is the source?
> I would like to see if I can compile it with
> Qt in windows, and look to extensions...
>
> BUT WAIT, after just 10 minutes of running,
> it exited saying I should BUY the release ;=((

You downloaded the old tool apparently, which was written in a trial-version of
Revolution Studio, thus
showing the "trial expiration" message after 10 minutes. Alex started his GUI
in RevStudio, but after that
first release of mine, I decided that is was not the way to continue. So the
new one is written in Qt/C++
and 100% free ;)

Source is at Gitorious: https://gitorious.org/terragear-addons/terrageargui

Feedback is extremely welcome! It's still far from what I have in mind, but at
least several people
were already able to build scenery with the GUI (and some additional
explenations in the forum topic,
so do read that, from this post and further).

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=120400#p120400 (the there
mentioned build is not
the latest btw, there's another one some pages later). Or just build from
source, to get the latest&greatest.

Cheers,
Gijs