Hi Gijs,

> together with some other updates

Oops, you need to ADD "Road" between "Rice" and
"Rock". A missing material...

I was quite surprised when cs_sand got matched with
"Sclerophyllous" - which I had to look up - until
I patched the CSMater list ;=)) adding "Road"...

Just one missing so no patch attached. And I had
no problem wrapping the single long lines to make
it easy to check for one-on-one correspondence.

Re: HGT Chop

Good to see Min/Max nodes, and Max error added, but have
yet to re-try it using these parameters... but they are
important...

But I now note you are running terrafit after every
hgtchop, which is ok, but why not run 'hgtchop' in the
list.size() loop, and then run terrafit once after?

As you know it does a good job of seeking out arr.gz
files that have yet to be 'fitted'... And I suspect
that I would have to clean out these fit.gz files to
be able to apply new parameters to the elevation
mesh.

And while you do update the ui->textBrowser->setText(output)
after each exe run, it does not get visually updated,
since that will only happen when there is a return
from on_pushButton_11_clicked()...

I must look more at the Qt documentation, but I hope
there is a way to update the ui - run the message
pumps - from within a what can be a LONG time in
this, and other, 'click' functions...

The alternative is to set some flag, and NOT
wait for each 'run' to finish, but this is certainly
trickier to code, still capturing the output...

Maybe a GLOBAL QProcess * g_proc = 0; Then when
running an external app, use
 g_proc = new QProcess(); etc, and after
 g_proc->start(aguments); do NOT wait for it to
end.

But have an idle or timer function to watch this
g_proc, and when it ends g_proc->atEnd(), get the
stdout and put it in the browser... This means
when a process is running, you could put up a big
red 'X' button to stop it, if need be, or be the
signal that the UI is 'busy'...

And where there are loops in the 'click' code
you could build up a global list of 'arguments'
to run, and then pull another off the list
and run the g_proc again, and again...

At the end of the run -
 delete g_proc;
 g_proc = 0;
ready for the next user action... a green ready
button replaces the red 'X'...

Anyway, just some ideas, because the running of
the TG tools can take a LONG time, and you should
say be able to move or iconize the window to be
able to get onto other work...

Re: Genapts

I returned to this, to see if I can discover why I
only got one, I now note my Min/Max Lat/Lon did NOT
get transferred this time to this tab page?

I am sure last time they did get transferred from
the Start tab. What do I need to do to get them
copied again?

User's like ME are notorious for giving
bad parameters if I have to do it from my head ;=))
That is why I am VERY interested in such a GUI...

But ok, I continue to get this EXIT from genapts
after just doing one airport... hmmm, each time I
run [Gen...] I get one, or more, built... strange...

I added the code -
 int errCode = proc.exitCode();
 if (errCode != 0) {
    // MAKE A BIG NOISE!!!
 }
but this is zero...

To repeat, if I extract the command line from log.txt
and run it manually, everything is built fine...
The run takes about 1/2 hour, to pass through some
27,000 apt.dat airports, and find the 33 that suit
my min/max...

You know in reading some Qt posts here and there,
could this be something to do with the size of the
(buffered) stdout? I note the log I just captured
from a manual genapts run is 2.4MB in size...

This is boring not being able to track this down ;=((

Re: ogr_decode

Still to add this... maybe I should switch the code
to use shape_decode, so I can progress some...

I am dying to try fgfs_construct, with its big array
of parameters ;=))

And maybe that leads to an idea for an 'Advanced' tab
page, where the user could 'edit' the tool runtime
strings...

HTH,

Regards,
Geoff.