> And even less that could
> have been related to this besides:
>   Compatibility layer: testing for hard coded support
>   * can set light saturation:        yes
>   * hard coded terrain presampling:  yes
>   * terrain presampling initialized: no
>   * can disable global weather:      yes
>   Compatibility layer: tests done.

Identifies itself as 'local weather' and is local weather - unless you
started it from the menu explicitly, it is quiet and does nothing. If you
started it, it would be capable of altering the winds to something else
than the METAR, but you'd have seen lots of rather different clouds...

The message you see indicates that your binary has lots of features not in
a 2.0.0 binary, but that you haven't initialized terrain presampling in
the commandline.

> Next thing I tested was Torstens metar string which still failed. Again
> I made some screenshots, one with working real-weather [4] and one with
> the said metar [5].

Gauging from the screenshots, it seems the manually entered METAR isn't
actually parsed - note that not only the winds are not set, but that also
the cloud layers are all 'clear' in spite of FEW070 BKN130 - not so for
the automatically fetched METAR. Also, the tickbox 'Data is valid' isn't
ticked in the second case.

So, it seems a parsing problem - maybe check the contents of
'Environment/metar/' to see how it's chopped up.

Should one be worried that in all cases 'weather-scenario' is set to 'Fair
weather'?

Cheers,

* Thorsten