To compensate the lack of feel and indirect visual indicators of the
wind conditions in the simulator I am monitoring the
properties /environment/wind-from-heading-deg and wind-speed-kt. This
worked out pretty good the past two years. I cannot tell when it
stopped working but last night I realised it didn't anymore, see
marked values at screenshot [1]. The ones from the HUD (255@25kt) are
totally different from the ones in the METAR string (33007KT).

Please, could someone point to the actual used properties for the wind
conditions right next to the aircraft? Thanks.

Alex

[1] http://fgfs.beggabaur.de/daten/fgfs-metar01.jpg