http://wiki.flightgear.org/Scripted_Compilation_on_Linux_Debian/Ubuntu

As the update with the above doesn't seem to work i try git now. What are the
configure options if I want to keep it at the same location as with the above:

checking for library containing gluLookAt... -lGLU
checking for library containing glutGetModifiers... -lglut
checking for library containing alGenBuffers... -lopenal
checking for library containing alutInit... -lalut
checking simgear/version.h usability... yes
checking simgear/version.h presence... yes
checking for simgear/version.h... yes
checking for SimGear 2.3.0 or newer... [found 1.9.1] ... wrong version
configure: error: Install latest SimGear first...
michael@ubuntu:/media/DATA/FGFS/install/flightgear$

removed the old simgear 1.9 from /usr/*. Now the current git download/compiled
simgear is at /media/DATA/FGFS/install/simgear.

Can I do alike or would i run into problems. And what ./configure options?
Thanks
Michael
PS: Later how to update only new stuff in DATA with git?