Actually, I'm going to continue using my parser for now.  It looks like
there are still some bugs in the ogr2ogr importer with respect to closing
polys with curves.

Here's an image showing some of the polys being closed with linear segments
instead of bezier.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29968727/Screenshot-Quantum%20GIS%201.7.0-Wroclaw.png

I had this exact same issue with my parser for a while, I'll look at the ogr
importer to see if I can submit a fix.

This image shows a different issue, which I have not seen with my parser.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29968727/Screenshot-Quantum%20GIS%201.7.0-Wroclaw-1.png

The poly holes should be circular, and it looks like there's an extra line
being added.  Not sure if this is something similar to the above or not.

Another reason we may wish to stay with my parser is that it offers a bit
more flexibility.  I plan on allowing options to set how many segments to
break curves into, (and possibly using more segments for curvier sections
than straighter sections)  to try to optimize for the number of polys.  I
didn't see any way to pass parameters to the ogr2ogr importer

Pete