On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM, ThorstenB <bre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently looking into an overhaul of the replay system.

My idea would have been to drop the classic replay functionality, and
instead use the MP subsystem to record both incoming and outgoing data
(some extra properties would still need to be recorded, though, such
as weather stuff). This would allow replay of MP happenings properly.
Eventually we could also have offline rendering with custom camera
paths and such goodies.

Also, while replaying I would leave the FDM and all the systems
running, effectively simulating the pilot viewing a recording while
still flying. This is to avoid disturbing other pilots on MP. Simpler
code would be to only allow replay while stationary, in which case all
aircraft systems could be paused (this would be easier to code) or at
the very least forcibly freeze MP state.

Of course in my opinion the best option would be to put replay
functionality into some external application, such as fgviewer, but I
already hear the people complaining :)

Csaba/Jester