From: Sébastien MARQUE
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:39 PM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] ZKV1000 buildmaps.pl on Windows 7

Hi Alan,

I'm the author of buildmap.pl script. Hope not being too late.

I've no windows box here, but I had a WinXP on a virtual machine, which
I've used to test the script (not have it anymore though). AFAIR it
worked quite well on the VM but it was a long time ago and I don't
remeber if my tests included the directories creation (mkdir) :/. The
only problem I remember was to find matching imagemagick and perl
versions for my XP platform.

I've just checked here on my linux box (perl 5.12 perlmagick 8:6.6.9.7)
with sceneries from my computer, and images built from atlas/cvs on
dated 2010-09-28 (ouch... old), everything seems to be OK, correct
images have been created.

Sure the script does not embed any documentation at all. I know this is
a pity, indeed the script do nothing very complicated, and it was not
dedicated to be published before being cleaned and commented. No
interface neither help is provided yet...

BTW have you checked the last available version:
https://gitorious.org/zakharov/zkv1000/blobs/master/Systems/buildmaps.pl
? (I've just pushed last changes from 3 monthes ago before writing this
mail)

Do not hesitate to ask about zkv1000, this project is very calm these
last days^Wweeks^Wmonthes... but not dead! :)

Best regards
seb