Am 06.10.2011 09:22, schrieb thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi:
> me observations I've made in the last couple of days:
>
> * hardcoded terrain presampling: This seems to have died on me after the
> last pull (probably even earlier?) - currently all I get out is zero
> everywhere. Since geodinfo() is now 50 times faster than it used to be,
> falling back to the old system doesn't really make a huge difference in
> performance though. Whatever you think is best - fixing or going back to
> geodinfo() - just let me know please.
Yep - seems to be broken. It hasn't been touched in a while, so I assume
something in the surrounding framework has changed that broke the
terrainsampler. I'll dive deeper into the issue later this week.

I'd prefer to not restore this in Nasal but leave it as a c++ encoded
subsystem. But as you already have >12000 lines of Nasal, this probably
doesn't really matter much ;-)

Torsten