Am 06.10.2011 17:06, schrieb Torsten Dreyer:
> Am 06.10.2011 09:22, schrieb thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi:
>> me observations I've made in the last couple of days:
>>
>> * hardcoded terrain presampling: This seems to have died on me after the
>> last pull (probably even earlier?) - currently all I get out is zero
>> everywhere. Since geodinfo() is now 50 times faster than it used to be,
>> falling back to the old system doesn't really make a huge difference in
>> performance though. Whatever you think is best - fixing or going back to
>> geodinfo() - just let me know please.
> Yep - seems to be broken. It hasn't been touched in a while, so I assume
> something in the surrounding framework has changed that broke the
> terrainsampler. I'll dive deeper into the issue later this week.
Hmm - after double-checking, it looks good to me.

Sampling results at KHAF:
alt-layered-ft: 0
alt-mean-ft: 114.5
alt-median-ft: 0
alt-min-ft: 0
alt-offset-ft: 0

and the results for LOWI:
alt-layered-ft: 2500
alt-mean-ft: 4681.5
alt-median-ft: 4500
alt-min-ft: 1500
alt-offset-ft: 3500

or KGCN
alt-layered-ft: 4000
alt-mean-ft: 5949
alt-median-ft: 6000
alt-min-ft: 2500
alt-offset-ft: 5500

Checked with running

fgfs
--prop:/environment/terrain/area[0]/enabled=1
--prop:/environment/terrain/area[0]/input/use-aircraft-position=1

Torsten