On 22 Oct 2011, at 16:26, S Andreason wrote:

> Is there any recommended way to reference instruments outside the
> aircraft's directory?
> Currently I am using
> <path>../../../Instruments-3d/alt-2/alt2.ac</path>
> and
> <texture>../../../Generic/Effects/smoke.png</texture>
> etc.

Please use:

/Aircraft/Instruments-3d/alt-2/alt2.ac
/Aircraft/Generic/Effects/smoke.png

OR

Instruments-3d/alt-2/alt2.ac
Generic/Effects/smoke.png

Either way is fine, and will work for the future.

(Thorsten B, should we recommend one or the other as 'best practice'?)

Note relative paths are fine 'inside' an aircraft's directory, still. It's just
'cross-aircraft' paths that should be defined as above.

James