> I don't know what the solution should be, but I don't think the current
> state of offering a configuration dialog which doesn't affect anything is
> very good for a release. On the other hand, it should be clearly
> recognizable that the Nasal module has to be loaded before the system
> becomes functional.
>
> If anyone of those who originally suggested that the config menu is
> removed could please take care of this?

Just an idea: as global and local weather are mutually exclusive, what
about having just one single weather menu item and add button in each,
global and local weather dialog causing the current dialog disappear and
open the other dialog.
While we are at it, I'd like to rename global and local weather to basic
and advanced weather.

So, let's add a "Advanced-->" button to the global weather dialog which
closes the global-weather dialog, enabled local weather and opens the
local weather dialog. In return, the local-weather dialog gets a
"Basic-->" button which disables local weather, closes the
local-weather-dialog and opens the global-weather-dialog.

Our first simple step into a unified weather ;-)

Torsten