Pedro Morgan wrote:

> I just checked this out..
>
> git://gitorious.org/fg/sceneryweb.git
>
> So I am at a standstill as some "parts are missing"..

Some files of "Scenemodels" haven't been added so far, that's correct.

> Notably header.php is missing and other stuff for db connection. and
> obviously data..

Indeed, some files, most notable the ingredients for the DB connection
string, are not going to be made public.  The "header.php" is different
in this respect, I guess I simply forgot that one because it didn't
show up in any of the URL's.  Maybe the same applies to the style
sheet(s), I'll check ....  ok, two files added.

> For all of us to play moving forwards, we need a db or a clone or some
> public access etc...ideal worls.. but
>
> Regardless of the server side.. and all its complications with code +
> access...and then downloading a huge DB...

I', sorry, you're leaving me a bit clueless about what you're trying to
express here.  The same applies to some of the later paragraphs.
Complete sentences would be easier to comprehend.

> So Can I suggest we patch up the server simple and quick to do simple task
> of returning data in json format..

Returning some of data in JSON isn't that difficult, but beforehand
we'd have to specify _which_ data.  I'd rather not export some hundred
megabytes of raw data as JSON ....  but the next thing on my TODO list
for opening the MapServer and Scenemodels web sites to a wider public
is to create pretty charts of the DB structure.  Recently I've started
looking at "postgresql_autodoc" for creating nice graphs, maybe there
are better tools for creating neat images - suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
        Martin.