I got some spare time.. so thats why am purusing this..

What I'm actually doing is using SceneryWeb as a guineapig and r+n for Rl
job.. (in geotchnical testing)...

So ive created a pyqt interface GUI, with an embedded "marblemap" map, and
would like to  aquire data about scene models online via ajax.. so I can
splat on the map.. and being clever with which models are used where etc..

So the "full web interface" is not required really, merely a way to aqquire
the data machine to machine.... via ajax and preferably being able to page
by lat_lon and positions..

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Olivier <acom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> May I suggest to make things step by step:

I understand there's a lot involved.. am only looking at "scenemodels"
which is php application and looks complete gitfiles/etc,
More info about the server and its state and limitations would be
appreciated..

> 1. Finish the upload of all the concerned files to GIT ;

afaik the scenemodels/ "web" is there completely, but am curious where the
$db* credentails come from.. , are there is a "pre preocessor" on php or
alike..

2. Update the sphere filesystem organization so the changes are easier to
> implement  (for the moment, each user has a specific access to the server
> and specific permission on files). Once all files are on GIT, we'll have to
> find a proper solution to reflect changes "down" to Sphere.

Not quite sure what Sphere is, but the scenemodels is not in sphere? umm
where are images stored..

3. Once this step is done, we'll have a better view on the whole stuff,
> able to delete "old" files, make things common, etc.
> 4. Finish "our" to-do list (mostly mass import + 3D models import): this
> will save time for Martin and others - and enable him to work on other
> scenery important stuff.

Where is the todo list? or am i missing something

> 5. Then, go on on "big" scenery-website enhancement (such as smarty, or
> others) to make things easier to maintain on the long term.

Am working on this.. think it will make it quicker in the shortterm also..
;-)

> Oliver
>
> N.B. : let's say Jon, Martin, and myself now quite have a good overview on
> how this works (at least for the "real" scenery stuff). We also have our RL
> timetables. With you, we would - will be 4. However, making cooperation
> work is something needing steps 1 and 2 to be achieved. Will be happy to
> welcome you on the 3 to 5 steps, but for the moment, we have to keep things
> simple - I'm sure you'll understand once all files are "gitted".

is there a staging play server somewhere for the scenemodels web? if not
then I dont mind hosting one.. Only snag is I need the db databases and
subset of data, could even be a slave... or even ro to live db

Pete