Pedro Morgan wrote:

> Guys take a look at this in php
> http://flightgear.daffodil.uk.com/index.php

Looks familiar, isn't this your proposal for a re-design of the main
FlightGear site ?

> So what it boils down to is the fact that all of us are working on
> different tangents in php// and alike..

Yes, I guess so.  Anyhow I think we've been driven by different
motivation.  Jon and myself had been hacking stuff together for getting
at least a bare interface to the data up and running.  Olivier has
started doing some sane design on top Jon's core infrastructure.  You
Pedro have been setting up a neat site with lots of templated pages.
Getting all the "bare interface" functionality reasonably integrated
into the neat design without adding too many obscure dependencies is
the challenge.

And, as a requirement, Jon doesn't want to learn Python  :-)

> Lets face some facts in my local Area..
> In the south wales area and connection to english person
> There are two bridges across the severn bridge..
> I would like the scene models for that..

Just go ahead, create all these models you have in mind and submit the
result to Scenemodels, according to the published recommendations /
guidelines.

> So to acieve that we need a RO only version so we can see whats wrong,
> [...]

I disagree.

Cheers,
        Martin.