Certainly it would seem like all the wind turbines would need to share the
same alignment for them to all point correctly into the wind.

The windturbine uses wind-from-heading-deg which should be correct, but
also includes a -90 degree offset and reverses the sense of rotation --
perhaps to address the choice axis about which to rotate?

  <property>/environment/wind-from-heading-deg</property>
  <offset-deg>-90</offset-deg>
  <factor>-1</factor>

The smoke is particle system based and thus uses a slightly different
mechanism -- is the smoke really still reversed?  The steam off the
catapult on the Vinson is correct.  Wind heading is typically the direction
the wind is coming from, not the direction it is blowing to.

Curt.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM, D-NXKT <d_n...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> **
>
> Argh!
>

> And I thought this issue would be fixed within a few minutes!
>

> < just checked a few turbines in the Netherlands around EHAM - they all
>
> <look good to me. Is there any specific example or area to check?
>
> <
>
> <Torsten
>
> Ok, I went to the Netherlands, too. Inspected the next windturbine I could
> find .... and it was correct!?!?!
>
> After friends affirmed that I'm not drunk or a little bit "out of order" I
> decided to do it more systematic:
>
> Scenery_TerraSync/Objects/e000n50> grep windturbine */* > e005n51.txt
>
> And the result is: a lot of windturbines with orientation 0 and a lot of with
> 180!
>
> Picked this two:
>
> 1.) e004n51/3023736.stg:OBJECT_SHARED Models/Power/windturbine.xml 4.17551
> 51.92114 0 0
>

> 2.) e005n51/3040067.stg:OBJECT_SHARED Models/Power/windturbine.xml
> 5.9733333 51.0483333 69 180
>

> Grabbed the ufo ....
>
> (Btw: is the orientation of scenery stuff visible in the property browser?)
>

> And the winner is: ........ 1.
>

> This is the evidence!
>

> The next question is how we should proceed.
>
> a) fixing this issue in the assumption that the smoke issue is decoupled
> from windturbines
>
> b) first looking into the smoke issue and then fixing both
>

> A fast solution would be prefered. I can't see windturbine anymore at the
> moment!
>

> Best Regards
>
> D-NXKT

Curtis Olson: