On Tuesday 28 February 2012 23:14:18 D-NXKT wrote:

> >The smoke is particle system based and thus uses a slightly different
> >mechanism -- is the smoke really still reversed?  The steam off the
> >catapult on the Vinson is correct.  Wind heading is typically the direction
> >the wind is coming from, not the direction it is blowing to.>
>
> >Curt.
> Yup!
> Tested with release 2.6.0 at KSFO. Wind from 90° with 30kn.
> Fly direction San Fransisco. Behind the arena are a few chimneys.
> The smoke drifts to the bay! Use the dragonfly. You can fly with no
groundspeed besides the chimneys and watch the weird scenario!

> Best Regards
> D-NXKT

That's due to the particle system on those chimneys
(Models/Industrial/generic_chimney_01.xml) having:

<attach>local</attach>

instead of:

<attach>world</attach>

Also while invetigating this I found the smoke.png texture these are
referencing as missing from the terrrasync Models/Industrial folder.
That makes the smoke look square/ugly.