On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Ron Jensen <w...@jentronics.com> wrote:
> On Monday 05 March 2012 02:53:59 Francesco Angelo Brisa wrote:
>> * Analogic instruments:
>>  I was looking at two amazing done aircrafts: the DR400 and the Cessna 337;
>> the DR400 has instruments with a glass reflection (Which is very nice and
>> realistic) the C337 does not have it. I personally slightly prefer the C337
>> way, a little more clean, but it is just my feeling. the question: what
>> would you suggest to do, if I want to take an aircraft, add a instrument,
>> which type should I use ? i.e. if I want to add instruments to the C310.
>
> Personally, I hate the glass shaders covering instruments and windows. I want
> to actually fly these aircraft and not drool over how 'real' they look.
> Flying means I need to be able to actually read the instrument, so I often
> prefer larger fonts and bolder lines than perhaps the original had.

+1

I'd think that real aircraft engineers would seek to minimize these
effects, and that they would manifest significantly in some but not
all lighting conditions. In any case, I greatly dislike these
glare/reflection effects on instruments and interior windows, though
many effects might be made more user-friendly if the effect was
diminished or made more transparent. I know enough to be able to
remove these effects from models, but it can be tedious and lots of
folks either aren't that handy with modeling or don't have the time.
Just my $.02.

-Gary