On 03/05/2012 06:40 PM, Gene Buckle wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Gary Neely wrote:
>
>>> Flying means I need to be able to actually read the instrument, so I often
>>> prefer larger fonts and bolder lines than perhaps the original had.
>> +1
>>
>> I'd think that real aircraft engineers would seek to minimize these
>> effects, and that they would manifest significantly in some but not
> Every single real aircraft instrument I have in my collection has a
> special anti-glare coating on the glass.  They don't reflect enough light
> to really notice.
>
> g.

In a month, I will have been flying real light aircraft for 50 years and
I agree totally with the above.  The use of the reflection affect on the
interior of windows and instruments is totally unrealistic and
detracting from my enjoyment of flying such models in fgfs.  The
unrealistic comment is fact and the detracting comment is my opinion.

Dave P.