Hi everybody,
 it's a few weeks I'm dealing with a few analog to digital converters, I'm
using them to convert external analog signals and use them as inputs to
FlightGear controls.

I'm wondering which resolution is best when dealing with properties of type
double. My analog values get converted to digital ones before being fed to
FGFS. I see FGFS likes doubles, that's ok, I am converting those digital inputs
to appropriate double values.

I'm talking about stuff like /controls/flight/aileron or
/controls/engines/enigne/throttle.

I'll try and be as precise as possible with my hardware so that I get
reliable/stable/consistent readings to feed to FGFS, I'm getting closer to make
rid of any unwanted highres noise, still I am going to deal with 8, 10 or
12-bit resolution digital values. That may be too much and useless. I'd like to
crop them down to more reasonable resolution if possible/usefull.

I see FGFS keyboard/mouse interface uses 7/8bit resolution. I'd like to know if
someone can help me figuring out what input resolution should I use for:
/controls/flight/aileron
/controls/flight/aileron-trim
/controls/flight/elevator
/controls/flight/elevator-trim
/controls/flight/rudder
/controls/flight/rudder-trim
/controls/gear/brake-parking
/controls/engines/enigne/throttle
/controls/engines/engine/cowl-flaps-norm
/controls/engines/engine/propeller-pitch

I'd prefer keep using 8bit resolution (cheap and reliable solution). I'm open
to use 10bit resolution if usefull. I'm willing to go with a 12bit resolution
input only if _really_ needed. That's how I see it now.

I don't want to discard usefull information, nor I want to use useless
over-precise values. I'm looking for a reasonable compromise here, but I don't
know the internals of FGFS.

Cheers,
  Roberto