Hi All,

Rembrandt works well on my GT260M, and really moves FG's graphics on
massively.  I think it's a fantastic enhancement to FG, and we should
really consider naming the July/August release as v3.0.0.

Does anyone know whether FG is unique amongst desktop simulators in
offering this?  I have no experience of X-Plane nor FS-X.

I've noticed significant slowdown on my computer in the following circumstances:
- Forests (e.g. KHAF). Having not looked at the code, my guess is that
some NodeVisitor for the rending is delving too deeply into the OSG
tree for the random vegetation.
- Urban areas. My guess here is that is purely due to the number of
models being rendered, each of which is casting a shadow.  I know that
there are still optimisations to be made, but could I suggest a
property switch to limit shadowing to the user's aircraft?  IMO the
self-shadowing in the aircraft cockpit is the most impressive part of
Rembrandt, and the combination of that plus shadowing on the ground
might be an acceptable frame-rate compromise for many users.

-Stuart