Hi,

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 01:17:43 Tim Moore wrote:
> That is a big problem, but we also have CPU bottlenecks upstream too.
I agree.
The scenegraph structure is not well suited. But therefore at the first cut I
hope to simply get less tiles and models present by a better lod structure.
Therefore the below work.

> I would really like to see that code!
SGReaderWriterSPT.

Start fgviewer without arguments.
There is a meta loader for these spt files that encode the area they should
cover in the file name before the spt extension.

There are problems with the tiles near the poles. But this is something that
the original stg database covers very bad. So the spt loader just reflects this
weakness. I wanted to address this just before somebody who felt responsible
for a while for the scenery quit this work. Since I would need assistance from
the scenery guys for changing the tile layout at the poles ...

Greetings

Mathias