> Did you test your airfield grass with some of the newer generated terrain
> (LOWI in my case)?

No, I didn't. Shouldn't make a difference for rendering purposes how you
created it, at this stage it's all vertices and pixels and the shaders don't
care where they come from or how they connect.

> Noticed that despite the surrounding area got some light snow cover the
> airfield are had no snow cover.

It *should* get some, although not quite the same as terrain, just like the
runway should get some cover, but considerably less than terrain (I think I
know how to keep roads free of snow, so that's going to come as well).

> Beside that i noticed some small transparency issues with 8.5 markings /
> lines.
> All the 8.5 lines have a small white boarder that is not visible without
> the atmospheric light scattering enabled.

I'm not sure how much the shader can affect this - as I said, at this stage
it's all vertices and pixels. We have seen some taxiway marking issues reported
in the forum

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19097

is the problem perhaps somehow similar? Otherwise, is there perhaps a flaw in
the underlying geometry that isn't apparent in the default rendering but
becomes apparent using Light Scattering? Since the scheme uses much more
properties of the geometry (default essentially uses only z-depth of the
fragment) it is also more prone to producing artefacts if there is an actual
flaw in the geometry (I've seen fog clinging to bad terrain meshes, I've seen
illumination discontinuities where there is a 2 m elevation jump in the water,
there's the skydome flaw,...).

* Thorsten