On 11 Apr 2013, at 23:57, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't tried the latest Git, but just in my opinion, if using
> Flightgear on a laptop, holding-down right-click to pan around can be
> bit of a pain. I would personally rather have the click-move-click
> method.

There's three answers to this:

 - the current method will stay as an option on right-click (but probably off
by default)
 - the current method will stay available on Tab, especially for laptop users /
Mac users who haven't found (or don't want) the option in System Preferences to
enable right-clicking

 (best for last!)

 - at least on my MacBook Pro, with right-clicks enabled in System Preferences,
I *can* right-drag. This was a complete surprise to me when testing the new
code, but actually it works great; touches on the right-click area which become
drags are interpreted as right-dragging and everything just works. Indeed,
looking this way is almost /more/ natural than with the mouse, although the
sensitivity needs to be tweaked.

Of course I have no idea which other laptop trackpads / OSs support this - I
assume all must support right clicking somehow since it's a bit more likely to
be needed on Linux/Windows :)

> Then again, not that many people probably use Flightgear on a laptop,
> and I haven't tried the latest Git.

I would urge you to when you have time, all feedback is good!

Regards,
James