Hi Stuart,

this tree movement code is wonderful - how could you possibly not implement
this?

I've been looking out of the window, timing the movement of trees in our
forest, and I think the time constant should rather be 1.7-2.0 and the
amplitude about 2.5 times as large - all of which makes it more pronounced.
Then I cooked myself a nice tropical storm and went in low level in rain over
treetops - very very nice.

I think I'll be putting this in at high quality and see if I can't get some
wind movement of the hires noise to match the impression...

>   //                     [top vert only] [time dependent movement]
>   [seed so trees close together move together]
>   position.x = position.x + position.z * (sin(osg_SimulationTime * 0.7
> + (gl_Color.x + gl_Color.y + gl_Color.z) * 0.01) + 1.0) * 0.001 *
> WindN;
>   position.y = position.y + position.z * (sin(osg_SimulationTime * 0.7
> + (gl_Color.x + gl_Color.y + gl_Color.z) * 0.01) + 1.0) * 0.001 *
> WindE;

> Any other ideas would be most welcome, as at the moment I'm a bit
> stumped as to how to fix this.

Since I see it reliably, I could have a try how I can make it go away - I think
I understand how the tree shader works well enough...

* Thorsten