Hi,

License issue:
Unfortunately here is a delicate case, some license are GPL simply because the
source code has moved from FG to SG and author didn't updated the license. Some
MIT or Expat license are used but we can't change the license with our own
decision. For now we would admit SG is a multiple licenses project.

Patches:
I'm not qualified to apply these patches because I'm not involved in this part
but someone can certainly take a look at them:
-
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/simgear.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/CVE-2012-2090.diff;h=cfa42d32745f1ce7c652134e1a71d1c1cc5060df;hb=HEAD
-
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/simgear.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/CVE-2012-2091.diff;h=11a24cda80586757a426022762770399052204a3;hb=HEAD