Hi Tim,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Tim Moore wrote:
> Cool stuff. Are those all individual models, or instanced geometry, or what?
> :)

The vast majority are instanced geometries, though there are some random
models interspersed.

As mentioned previously, I'd like to move back to the previous implementation
from (IIRC 2.8.0) where the buildings were collected into massive objects as
it provides collision detection and more variety.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM, geneb wrote:
> Is it possble to place buildings manually and have the random buildings
> fill around them without interference?

Not yet, but that's a known bug that I would dearly like to fix. I'm hoping that
the refactoring required to implement the PagedLOD will provide access
to the data required.  At present the static objects (e.g. manually placed
buildings) are only ingested after the geometry and random objects have
already been generated.

With the PagedLOD approach the random objects will be generated only
when the aircraft gets into range, so I'm hoping I can simply check against
the bounding box of each static object.

-Stuart