On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Renk Thorsten wrote:
> 2) runway and other lights do not appear in the effect framework, hence they
> get fogged inconsistently with what Atmospheric Light Scattering is doing. I
> think a cheap fix would be to fade them to transparent rather than to fog
> color, otherwise they'd need to appear in the effect framework and then I
> could write a consistent shader to treat them. I don't know what is
> preferable. The same issue persists with particles, although that isn't as
> severe in terms of showing realistic low visibility for IFR (it's a bit of a
> spoiler then the runway lights are always visible...).

This has been on my TODO list for some time, and I'm planning to get
it done before 3.0.0.  Unfortunately it's in the same area of code
that I'm currently working on for the improved building placements, so
I need to get that completed first.

I've made a fair bit of progress on the improved buildings - I now
have the PagedLOD working correctly, though it SIGSEGV after a while.

> 5) following a forum discussion about lightmaps for city and suburban
> terrain, my idea would be to use the urban effect for this (which has that
> functionality already) and run a version of the urban shader without the
> relief effect if random buildings are on. That appears to be working fine:
> http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=21059
> FredB - is this a modification to the urban effect you can agree with?

I've added this to my TODO list as well - I saw the forum post.

FYI - RL is going to get in the way of FG development for me from now
until mid-December due to house renovations.

> 6) there's still a 'crack' in the sky visible when the skydome shader is
> used. Based on the color of the crack which just shows the color of the
> default sunlight underneath (which the skydome shader can't possibly know), I
> believe this is really a fault line in the geometry and that it can't be
> fixed within the shader code.

I've taken a cursory look at this in the past but not seen anything obvious.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Михаил Сойтанен wrote:
> 7) runway signs in ALS still rendered as terrain and have assigned texture
> of rocks/cliffs.

Not sure whether this is C++ related, and whether you mean the
lettering on the runway itself or the lit runway/taxiway signs.  If
the latter, I should be able to fix this at the same time as the
lighting above.

-Stuart