Lee Elliott wrote:
On Monday 28 February 2005 22:23, Josh Babcock wrote:

OK, this is making me feel kind of stupid.  I never really had
any problem with the fglrx driver before, but now I'm a bit
stumped.  I just completely rebuilt my system to take
advantage of LVM and the deb package system as well as to
upgrade to 2.6.10.  Now, I seem to have fglrx working, but
alas, <1 FPS in FG. dmesg reports *lots* of these:
[fglrx:firegl_agp_lock_pages] *ERROR*
agp_allocate_memory_phys_list failed Has anyone else seen this
problem?

Oh, to avoid confusion, the kernel and fglrx module did not
come from a deb repository, I built them by hand.  I just
don't find the debian build process sane.  I also held the
Xfree packages so libGL.so wouldn't get clobbered.

Josh

Gory details below...

[snipped...]

Are you using the internal ATI agpgart or the 2.6.10 kernel module?

I have the line

Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "yes"
[snip]

Nope, I've got it set to "yes". If I recall, using the kernel module led to fglrx spewing all sorts of errors in the X log and X falling back to Mesa. I also think I should note that even though I have FB support in my kernel config, using the line:
Option "UseFBDev" "true"
in XF86Config-4 results in X failing to load, with complaints from fglrx about not being able to access the frame buffer. This is really the same X config that I had working before. I think I either did something stupin in my kernel config or there is some change in the code causing a new problem.

Thanks,
Josh