Dave Martin wrote:

On Saturday 17 September 2005 09:19, Paul Surgeon wrote:
Not sure if I should hijack this thread or start another one but ...

Has anyone else noticed that the B1900D is very twitchy on the runway at
low speeds? I just have to touch the rudder and it wants to veer off in
either direction. I have to toggle it down the runway until the rudder has
enough authority to override the nosewheel.

Otherwise the handling is great - snap rolls at 200 knots in level flight
work perfectly too!  :)

Regards
Paul

I deliberately boosted the ground steering response on the B1900D at the suggestion of a pilot familiar with the type. It was quite a while ago that I made those changes to the FDM and he's since been back and had a go with the rudder pedals and he thinks it's 'spot on' for the ground handling (although I can see that its a handful with the KB).

Aside from that, he gave me a good few pointers on things that need changing in the FDM so I shall probably have a word with Syd again soon and have another go at it.

Hi all , yes ive noticed the steering ...Im usually off the runway by the time I lift off . I squared the steering and it was a little better , but any wind and I have a heck of a time keeping it straight . It sounds like Dave has more info on real world performance so I dont want to tweak the FDM too much , but I did make a few minor changes so it has a little more lift and flies closer to real cruise speed , and more fuel ... about 4400 lbs.Im almost ready to send the next update (fuel, flap gauges, and the right button on the gps gets the nearest airport... displayed on waypoint 1).I also noticed that unselecting tanks in the gui doesnt kill the engines . There is no fuel flow, it shows out of fuel in the property tree , but it soars merrily along..... wish my car were like that ! :)